Monday, October 12, 2015

North Carolina, Part 3 = Asheville's Breweries

The final portion of our visit to Asheville, NC, included two of Asheville's numerous breweries.  Here's what we did.

This was right above where we parked in Asheville.  Just thought it looked cool.

First stop = Wicked Weed, which was represented at the Firestone Walker Invitational in May.  I had to follow through on my promise that I would visit when I was out this way.

The #1 thing I wanted to try was their Freak of Nature.  Sadly, they ran out just before we arrived.

I still made do, under the circumstances.

"Hops are a wicked and pernicious weed" is a quote that is debated.  See here.

While at Wicked Weed, I asked the locals next to us which brewery they would go to if they could only see one other.  All three (four?) of them said Burial.  It was walking distance, though for the sake of the wee one we drove.

The bar area at Burial.  They sell cans of their craft, too.

I was told I had to try their Anno Domini, an apricot saison.  Glad I followed advice.

I think Christopher wanted my beer.

The outdoor area was pretty kid friendly.

My son loves everything about automobiles, so he naturally gravitated to the Burial van.

The chain couldn't contain his curiosity.

Little stinker.

Back inside Burial, the coolest vending machine ever.

I think you really could pay $4 for these, but I didn't test it.

Dickel is more expensive than Wild Turkey, apparently.

Poster proclaiming the release of Anno Domini MMXV, a saison brewed with Nelson Sauvin (from New Zealand) and Calypso hops, aged on apricots in Chardonnay barrels.  Amazing stuff.

All good things must end - time to head back to Chattanooga.

No comments: