Monday, October 26, 2015

Las Vegas, Part 3 - Gold & Silver Pawn Shop, Wednesday July 8, 2015

I had an ambitious Wednesday evening planned during my conference week: after the convention, I was hoping to see the Gold & Silver Pawn Shop, the Mob Museum, a Las Vegas 51s minor league baseball game, and (finally) the Fremont Street Experience.  All of these things were located north of where I was staying.  Here are the pics from the first part of the afternoon / early evening.

The view from my hotel room at Treasure Island.

The view from my hotel room at Treasure Island.

The view from my hotel room at Treasure Island.

I was fortunate enough to be able to visit a couple of the attractions I mentioned with my colleague and her best friend.  We drove together past the Stratosphere to see the Gold & Silver Pawn Shop.

Behold, in all its glory!  (As seen on TV)

Pawn Stars... love it or hate it, it's made this place super famous, and has made all of the men featured on the sign millionaires, several times over.


We were fortunate in that we visited the store during one of the rare occasions when there isn't a multiple hour wait in line.

First impression - it's not that big.

Firearms and other weapons are featured prominently.  'MERICA!



Notice the price tag.

Civil War firearm.

'
Seems a little pricey for such a letter, considering it's not from Edison himself... but what do I know.

Pawn Stars merchandise is the #1 seller.

LeBron James' high school jersey.

My colleague's friend Barb poses with a cutout of Rick Harrison, which is strangely lifelike from the right angle.  Barb's husband is a big fan of the show.

Bob Dylan's harmonica and other items.

Coming up next - the Mob Museum.

1 comment:

Jones Morris said...

I am unable to read articles online very often, but I’m glad I did today. This is very well written and your points are well-expressed. Please, don’t ever stop writing. pawn scottsdale az