Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Las Vegas, Part 1 - Monday July 6 and Tuesday July 7, 2015

The second week of July, my colleagues and I were shipped to Las Vegas, Nevada, for a Singapore Math conference.  There are far worse places to have a conference than in Las Vegas, that's for sure.  Here's day 1 and 2, minus the Cirque du Soleil show that evening (those photos are somewhere on my cell phone).

After arriving at McCarran International, we loaded into a limousine.  I decided to play nice and take shotgun, since most of my colleagues had never been inside a limo before. 

The driver (originally from The Bronx - go Yankees) was kind enough to pull over at some good lookout spots so I could snap a few pics of Las Vegas at night.


Driving down the Strip.


We stayed at Treasure Island.

The conference began the following morning at the Venetian, across the street from Treasure Island.

My colleague, Eddie, making his I-need-coffee-grimace-face.

Not a bad hotel.

I was excited to have free tickets to Mystere that night, as I had never seen a Cirque du Soleil show before.  Clearly living under a rock these past 20+ years, that's me.


Views from my walk to the conference.


The Stratosphere in the distance.

Here are some pics of my conference class.  Manipulatives, baby!


My fellow third grade teacher / partner in crime.

The Venetian is perpetually in twilight.  It's nice for a day, and then you start to go insane.



Coming up next = the Mob Museum and a minor league baseball game.


No comments: