Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Odds and Ends, February - May, 2015

It's been waaaaaay too long between blog posts.  Here are a few pictures to update what I've been up to, other than being a dad and teaching.

My friend Chris and I went to see the Pebble Beach Pro Am.  This is Joe Lacob, owner of the Golden State Warriors.

Pebble Beach could quite possibly be the most gorgeous spot on the California coast, and I say that in my authority as a native of the state (though I'm smart enough to qualify my statement with possibly).

Wayne Gretzky (in black) at the Pro Am.

Larry Baer (CEO of the San Francisco Giants) at the Pro Am.

My son had ear tube surgery.  Here he is pre-surgery on drugs.

And here he is post-op, screaming because of the IV (he almost immediately calmed down when I asked them to take it out).

Nathan and I have had a lot of beer lately.  This is Older Viscosity by Port Brewing.

My wife and I saw Swedish guitarist Jose Gonzalez at Bimbo's in San Francisco.

My friends and I watched the Pacquiao / Mayweather fight.  Our guy lost, but he's still our guy.

I dragged my wife kicking and screaming to see Sleater-Kinney at the Masonic in San Francisco, and she was rewarded with an appearance by "Ian Rubbish" (aka Fred Armisen of Portlandia / SNL).

Sleater-Kinney

These photos are all out of order... accordingly, this was taken at the San Jose Sharks vs. Los Angeles Kings Stadium Series outdoor game at Levi's Stadium in February.  This was after the Sharks' only goal, in a losing effort.

Nathan, my wife and I went to the San Jose Craft Beer Festival.  For the price, it was a tad underwhelming.  We made the most of it, however.



My class took an overnight field trip to the Morro Bay area.  Here are the elephant seals at Piedras Blancas.


Here's one of the views from our camp, Camp Ocean Pines.  Not a bad life whatsoever.

We ended the field trip at Morro Rock and saw peregrine falcons.

Apologies for the delay in posts.  This summer should boast some more interesting (and more frequent) updates.  Stay tuned.

No comments: