Thursday, February 19, 2015

Mates of State @ Bottom of the Hill, SF (1/23/15)

Last month, my wife, my buddy and I took in our first concert of the year at Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco.  It had been nearly 9 years since I had seen Mates of State, so it was really good to see them again; my wife and friend had never seen them, so it was a different sort of treat for them.  To start the evening, we had drinks at the Toronado, which is always a treat no matter how you slice it.

Nathan at Toronado

Suz at Toronado

A very packed Toronado on a Friday evening.

Toronado

Bottom of the Hill, Potrero Hill, SF

Completely sold out show, by the way.

Kori Gardner of Mates of State during sound check.

Jason Hammel, Kori's husband, during sound check.

Showtime...



Kori's facial expressions amused me, as shown be these photos (which I actually edited down!).








I included this mostly blurry photo because of the perfection of Kori gazing at her husband.





Good set - some "classics," some newer stuff, and some brand new stuff.

Coming up - day trips with the toddler.


No comments: