Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Khaled Hosseini receives the John Steinbeck Award (San Jose State University, 9-10-14)

Two weeks ago, my wife and I went to see Khaled Hosseini, author of The Kite Runner, receive the John Steinbeck Award from San Jose State University.  He was interviewed by Pat Thurston of KGO.  Afterward, my wife and I were able to get our books signed by Mr. Hosseini.  Here are some of the photos from the evening.






I got this photo and the following 2 by photographing the screen that was projecting a live stream.






Following the interview, this gentleman (from the society that bestows the award) gave an introduction.

Khaled Hosseini would become the first novelist to win the John Steinbeck Award.  The first recipient was Bruce Springsteen.










Autograph time.





My wife and I were third and fourth in line, respectively.



No comments: