Monday, August 5, 2013

This ol' blog turns 5 years old today!


A lot can happen in five years.  When this blog started on August 5, 2008, George W. Bush was a sitting duck president, Prince William and Kate's relationship status was dubious at best, Beijing was just days away from hosting the Summer Olympics, Yankee Stadium was still at its old address, Isaac Hayes, Bernie Mac and Paul Newman were all mere days away from their deaths, and two Boston sports teams were reigning champions (boo!).  

In the past five years, I've used this blog to share quite a bit: photos of my travels to 30 countries on 6 different continents, announcements of my wedding and the birth of my firstborn, my mammogram experience, photos from enemy sports territories, concert photos, my explanation of why I ditched Facebook, my exposure to miracles, my failure at macho challenges, and quite a bit more.  It's been cathartic, to say the least.

Like I said, a lot can happen in five years.  Five years from NOW, Barack Obama will no longer be president, my son and the royal baby will both be approaching kindergarten, the US will officially withdraw all of its troops from Afghanistan, Brazil and South Korea will have been the most recent Olympic host countries, and the current NHL CBA will be halfway finished.  And that's just what is virtually certain!  

Thanks to all who have stopped by in the past five years - hopefully this blog will still be remotely interesting to you in the coming half decade.  

No comments: