Thursday, June 27, 2013

Ninkasi Brewing Company and Blairally Vintage Arcade, Eugene, OR (Memorial Day Weekend 2013)

Following our self-guided tour of the University of Oregon, my wife, godfather and I went to Ninkasi Brewing Company.  We also went next door to the Blairally Vintage Arcade, which I'll explain momentarily.

Ninkasi Brewing Company is named for the Sumerian goddess of beer... how appropriate.

Families are welcome at the brewery (during certain hours, if I'm not mistaken).

The brewery makes tens of thousands of barrels of beer each year - hence the need for these bad boys.



I'm a fan of their Total Domination IPA and Tricerahops Double IPA... time to try something "rare & delicious."

Bartender, I'll have a Little One, please...

On the left is the Little One, while the 2013 Eugene Collaboration English-Style IPA (my godfather Brian's choice) is on the right.

Poor Suz... she had been dying to see Ninkasi, and she only got a sip (pregnancy's a pain sometimes).

And now for something completely different... the Blairally Vintage Arcade, literally a stone's throw from Ninkasi.

It's not just an arcade = it's a "barcade."  This is the pinball and bar section of the place.

There were also classic video games (this shot was taken using a posterization effect).

I love the appreciative look on Brian's face.

The posterization effect was fun to use inside.

The colors of the arcade games appear extra vibrant.

I'm extremely pleased with this photo - it was a happy accident.

Coming up - the last of the Eugene photos, including King Estate Winery.  Stay tuned.

No comments: