Thursday, June 20, 2013

Bear Republic Brewing Company, Memorial Day Weekend 2013

This past Memorial Day weekend, my wife and I went north to Oregon, via Highway 101.  That Friday night we stopped in Eureka, but not before taking in Bear Republic Brewing Company in Healdsburg.

My poor pregnant wife - the designated driver for at least another month.

We hadn't been to Bear Republic before, although we've had their Racer 5 IPA.

The location was in a peaceful part of the already charming Healdsburg.

In we go...

This is their flagship brew.

We thought about sitting inside...

...but then we went outside...

...before the breeze picked up and we got cold.  Then we went back inside, where I ordered this behemoth of a tasting flight.  Not pictured - the Racer 5, which I ordered as a finale.

Onward to Eureka - we made it there a little past midnight.  Not bad for Memorial Day weekend.

Eureka, Redwood National Park, and Eugene, Oregon coming up next.  Stay tuned.


No comments: