Sunday, February 24, 2013

Coming soon - Beijing, China

I want chicken, I want liver, Mao Mix, Mao Mix, please deliver...

My wife and I just got back from a week in Beijing with China Spree tours, so expect photos soon - from my new fancy-pants camera, no less!  Highlights included Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, a kung fu performance, the Great Wall, the Temple of Heaven, the Summer Palace, an acrobat show, a visit to the zoo to see pandas, a rickshaw tour of a hutong, the Lama Temple, a Beijing (Peking) duck dinner, and the 798 Art District.

The very last thing we did in Beijing (less than 24 hours ago) was visit Mao's Mausoleum, which doesn't permit cameras, let alone photos.  So here's a non-Dustin photo to give you an idea of what a couple of "Big Noses" (the literal meaning of one Chinese word for foreigner) saw on the day of the Lantern Festival.


Chairman Mao - embalmed for the last 37 years and sexy as ever!

Stay tuned!

No comments: