Thursday, December 20, 2012

2012 World Series, Game 1

On October 24, 2012, I went to see my first World Series game in person: Game 1 between the San Francisco Giants and the Detroit Tigers.  

Curt Schilling (booooo) and Hall of Famer Barry Larkin were outside AT&T Park's gate before the game.

Curt Schilling will be eligible for the Hall of Fame next season.


The orange and black masses.


The Warren C Giles Trophy, for the winner of the National League pennant.

Joe Buck

Booooooo....

Buster Posey in white.

I approach my bleacher seat.

Barry Zito, starting pitcher extraordinaire.  

The 2012 Detroit Tigers.

Getting ready for the anthem, and the ballgame.

The pregame ceremonies were quite interesting.

Gaylord Perry, Orlando Cepeda, Willie McCovey, and Willie Mays (all Giants Hall of Famers) were on hand.

Angel Pagan

Hunter Pence

Marco Scutaro

Not one of Pablo's home run balls, but still cool.

Out of town miscreant.  

Absolutely gorgeous evening - one of the best outdoor games, weather-wise, I've ever attended in any sport.

I was right by the main television cameras.  Using my binoculars, I got about 1/5th of the effect.

Justin Verlander was having a very rough start, which was awesome.  Off topic = who names their son Albert Alburquerque?

Cool sky.

Believe me, I could see better than this photo from my seats with my bare eyes, but binoculars definitely helped.

Our usher was showing off his 2010 World Series ring, which EVERY employee received.

Again, gorgeous night.


I wish I had photos of Pablo Sandoval's home runs, but I was screaming too much.  His history-making third homer (tying Reggie Jackson, Babe Ruth, and Albert Pujols) drove in the 6th run.


Barry Zito did his part, only giving up one run in 6 innings (that run coming in the 6th itself).  Tim Lincecum relieved him.

AWESOME

Congratulations from a fellow newlywed.

Yet another sign that Gangnam Style was everywhere.

My neighbor, ready for Halloween.

Jose Valverde sucks.  This was most likely his last outing in a Tigers uniform.

Happy focus accident on my camera, as Valverde gave up 2 runs.

Yeeehaaw!

Everyone was having a blast.

Especially Pagan.


Late-game outfielder powwow (Pence, Pagan, and Gregor Blanco).

Giants win!  Final score, 8-3 (with 2 of the Tigers runs coming in the 9th).  Needless to say, the Giants swept the Tigers, but it all started with a historic Game 1.  Good times!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Excellent! I felt like I was there with you! What a night!!!

Dustin said...

Thanks, Catherine!