Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Bachelor party @ Alexander's Steakhouse, Friday July 13

On the Friday before my wedding (Friday the 13th, no less), my bachelor party took place.  The dinner component was held at Alexander's Steakhouse in Cupertino.  This isn't any old steakhouse; this is a Michelin-starred beef palace.  I think I heard cows mooing out back as they drank their Japanese whiskey (kidding).  Here are the photos.

 Yours truly with my best man, Markos.

 My groomsman Nathan eyes the hunks of beef in the atrium.

 The three of us were a bit early, so Nathan made sure to start the night off right with a Mind Eraser: vodka, Kahlua, and soda water, designed to be drunk in a straight shot.  The name says it all.

 My second drink was a nice bourbon concoction, I believe with a blackberry element (hence the color).

 The brothers Wise (my groomsman Adrian and his brother Edwin) joined the fray a bit later.

 Markos and Nathan are looking forward to these steaks as much as I am.

 Marty's sense of humor gets Edwin laughing.

 Our appetizer, complements of the house I believe.

 Paul was the last to arrive, although he's the next to get married (this weekend, incidentally).

 A hamachi shooter.

 Sea of Cortez scallops.

 Our wine for the evening.

 You call that a knife?  THIS is a KNIFE.

 Palette cleanser.

 Dinner...

 ...is served.

 Nathan had the ribeye.

 I ordered the porterhouse.  Upon tasting it, I realized it was the best steak I had ever had in my life.  Then Nathan offered me a bite of his ribeye, and I realized that THAT was the best steak I had ever tasted in my life.  But don't get me wrong, I was more than happy to mow down this slab of beef.

Adrian, ever the carnivore, ordered the 70+ oz. tomahawk chop (note the protruding bone).  He ate his whole steak before I finished mine, which was maybe a third the size.

 Truffle fries and truffle macaroni and cheese.

Dessert was surprising = cotton candy (a big step above the carnival fare, I should note).

The party continued a few miles away at the comedy venue Rooster T Feathers, where Nick Griffin and Tom Clark had us in stitches the whole night.  Photography there is strictly prohibited (and gets you kicked out), so I don't have any photos, but trust me = see those guys (esp. Tom Clark, whose potential is huge).

As for Alexander's, Markos' experience says it best = he literally dreamt of steak that night.  I promised him to take him back there for his own bachelor party.

I'll post the best of the wedding photos soon, followed by a multi-part honeymoon series (I just got back from Indonesia).  Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Ella Fleming said...

Steaks… Mmm… I know a place that is a combined strip club and a restaurant. It’s where my brother had his bachelor party last year. He and his guy friends had what they called an awakening. According to them, the club offered succulent steaks and its must-try trays of sushi. It’s an adult club that is also couples-friendly. Your friends may want to check it out. ;)

Ella Fleming

salman javed said...

Nice thought thanks for share this post this I also share with you something . f you're planning anything special, whether it's whitewater rafting, renting a limo or hiring a stripper, ask for a contract. Remember, you may not be dealing with the most trustworthy individuals here, so make sure you get who, what, when, where and how much it's going to cost you in writing.
Vancouver stag

Olivia Princess said...

I make sense of that one gains some new useful knowledge ordinary. Educational site incidentally.
new york bachelor party ideas