Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Beirut @ The Independent, SF (Oct. 2, 2011)

Last week it was announced via email that notable indie band Beirut was going to play the Independent in San Francisco. I was at their first SF show at the Great American Music Hall five years ago, but I had avoided seeing them as of late because of the size of the venues they had become accustomed to playing (like the Fox Theatre the previous night - good for them, by the way). I managed to score a pair of tickets, plus I got there early enough to be front row. Here are my photos.


Laetitia Sadier (of Stereolab) opened... sadly, many people talked during her set, earning a rebuke from the Frenchwoman as well as Kelly Pratt from Beirut.

The setlist doesn't show their extended encore of 3 extra songs.

Zach Condon, the heart of the band

Zach and Kelly


Perrin Cloutier



While there was a ukelele and a bass guitar, there were no six strings in the house.

Perrin was definitely into it.

Fantastic set. Extremely glad I went - hopefully they play smaller venues more often in the future.

No comments: