Saturday, May 28, 2011

2011 Stanley Cup Finals

The Stanley Cup Finals are finally set to be underway this Wednesday, June 1st. The Vancouver Canucks will represent the Western Conference, while the Boston Bruins will represent the East. Vancouver is making their third Finals appearance since their inception in 1970, while the Boston Bruins, who are making their eighteenth Finals appearance since 1924, are hoping for their sixth Cup overall and their first since 1972.

Either way, an approximately-40-year drought is about to end. Who will win?

I'm picking Vancouver with my head (in 6), but Boston with my heart (in 7).

I also don't think Manny Malhotra will quite make it back to play, as much as I'd love to see him return. It would ALMOST be enough for me to pull for Vancouver... but there's no way I'm doing that.

No comments: