Thursday, April 28, 2011

2011 NHL Semifinals Predictions

It's FINALLY time for the second round of the NHL playoffs, after 6 of 8 quarterfinal series went to 6 or 7 games. It's also time for me to brag a little bit (don't worry, it won't take long).

Here were my quarterfinal predictions, and how I actually did =

EASTERN CONFERENCE
  • Washington Capitals over the New York Rangers in 6 games
  • REALITY = Washington won in 5
  • Buffalo Sabres over the Philadelphia Flyers in 7 games
  • REALITY = Philadelphia won in 7
  • Boston Bruins over the Montreal Canadiens in 6 games
  • REALITY = Boston won in 7
  • Tampa Bay Lightning over the Pittsburgh Penguins in 6 games
  • REALITY = Tampa won in 7
BEST, I mean, WESTERN CONFERENCE
  • Vancouver Canucks over the Chicago Blackhawks in 5 games
  • REALITY = Vancouver (barely) won in 7
  • SAN JOSE SHARKS over the Los Angeles Kings in 6 games
  • REALITY = exactly as predicted
  • Detroit Red Wings over the Phoenix Coyotes in 6 games
  • REALITY = Detroit won in 4
  • Nashville Predators over the Anaheim Ducks in 6 games
  • REALITY = exactly as predicted
While only two of my 8 predictions were EXACTLY correct, I managed to correctly pick 7 of the 8 victors. The one exception, the Sabres / Flyers series, went 7 games as predicted. In short, methinks I did fairly well for myself. UPDATE = I actually landed in a tie for 24th out of 272 contestants... not too shabby!

Here are the Semifinals matchups, and my predictions =

EASTERN CONFERENCE
  • Washington Capitals over the Tampa Bay Lightning in 6 games
  • Philadelphia Flyers over the Boston Bruins in 7 games
WESTERN CONFERENCE
  • Nashville Predators over the Vancouver Canucks in 6 games (I'm predicting an upset, and not just because Vancouver nearly crapped their bed against Chicago)
  • San Jose Sharks over the Detroit Red Wings in 7 games (this is more heart than head, but there's a fair bit of head involved... hmmmm, sounds funny out of context)
Go hockey.

1 comment:

Maxva said...

NHL Season 2011 is 95th season and starting on october 6 this year check into details like NHL 2011 Schedule and NHL Rosters 2011