Thursday, February 3, 2011

World Series Trophy @ Municipal Stadium, SJ (Feb. 1, 2011)

On February 1st, 2011, the World Series Trophy was on tour at San Jose's Municipal Stadium, home to the San Jose Giants (obviously affiliated with the San Francisco MLB champions). The event went from 4pm to 6pm for the general public; I got there around 5:40pm and was told the line was cut off and I couldn't enter. Throwing up my hands and yelling "56 years!!!" I walked away. Then the officer on duty called out, "Hey guy, they changed their minds." So in I went...

Even at the end of the event, the line was a couple hundred people long.

To get a sense of the length and layout, I had a guy hold my spot in line, and scoped out the end of the rainbow, at home plate.

There it is, in all its glory.



Also on display were the San Jose Giants' trophies, from 1998 to 2010.

This is the '98 trophy.

The end is in sight... which was good since I had a hockey game to catch.

This was as close as I could get using my own camera.

Although after my moment with the trophy, I turned back to get this blurry image of a guy visiting from Ohio (behind me in line).

A professional photographer took this photo; they're charging $19.99 for it. I just zoomed in on my browser and got this for free. While I'm posting the blurry one (it hides my double chin better), I do indeed have a super crisp one. I'll put it in my classroom. :-)
GO GIANTS.

No comments: