Sunday, January 23, 2011

One of the perks of being a teacher...

... is that parents are known to plan surprise birthday parties for you. For my 29th birthday, my room parent pulled out all the stops.

For starters, the kids were told to bring Sharks gear (we have a dress code at my school, so this was a big treat for them). A surprising number of them have actual jerseys.

The kids also got pizza (seen on the table next to the donut and cake boxes).

The kids had even more fun than I did!

Part of the surprise (just about the only thing I knew about in advance) was a sushi lunch from one of my favorite places in town.

My brother even showed up to represent the family.

One of the coolest things about the party was the cake, with photographic frosting of SJ Sharkie. In fact, my room parent attempted to get Sharkie to deliver the cake himself, but he had a prior engagement.
Tonja, if you're reading this, you rule.

1 comment:

Ang said...

Very cool! And Happy Birthday!! :)