Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tame Impala @ The Independent, SF [set list and photo(s)]

Australian neo-psychedelic rock band Tame Impala played their first show ever in San Francisco last night, to a sold-out audience at The Independent. I had seen posters of the band when I was in Australia, and upon returning stateside I promptly checked out their music and bought tickets (well in advance) for this show. The band's set consisted primarily of songs from their album Innerspeaker, as well as a couple from their eponymous EP (and a few I'm not familiar with). For a good idea of what they sound like, watch this video.

Any band whose lead singer wears a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shirt has to be awesome... and they were.

There wasn't an encore in the traditional sense; instead it was one solid set, a little over an hour long (note the time listed!).

Stardeath and White Dwarfs (that's a duo, not two openers) opened the show; I got there a bit late, and only caught their last song. Wished I could have seen more.

No comments: