Wednesday, September 22, 2010

San Jose Sharks 2010 Teal & White

The crowd outside the HP Pavilion, around 4:15pm (45 minutes before entry); I had a good position, so it appears that there aren't that many people. According to David Pollak of the Mercury News, attendance was over 7,000 for the 6th annual season-ticket holder event, featuring player autographs and a Shark-on-Shark scrimmage (hence the name "Teal & White").

From left, Torrey Mitchell, prospect Tommy Wingels, and Jamie McGinn

Antti Niemi and Torrey Mitchell

His name card says it all

Jamie McGinn personalized my hospitalized brother's jersey, which makes me an even bigger fan of his game

Although it's upside down from my perspective, this is the 20th anniversary logo underneath the ice

Hey, it's a "Sign [Owen] Nolan" sign...

...That found its way on camera, and subsequently prompted the announcers to ad lib about freedom of speech (seriously)

Drew Remenda, bald as ever

$100 says Andreas Lilja makes the team; I mean, look at that grimace!
[Update = I'm glad I'm not much of a betting man...]

Brandon Mashinter is HUGE = he's virtually the same dimensions as Joe Thornton, but seems somehow larger

Antti Niemi received a lot of grief for wearing his Chicago Blackhawks mask, seen here

From left, Joe Pavelski, Douglas Murray, Patrick Marleau, Dany Heatley, and Dan Boyle, playing for Team White

Team Teal, featuring Jason Demers, Joe Thornton (who lit up Niemi less than a minute in), Marc-Edouard Vlasic, and Ryane Clowe; Team Teal would win 2-0, with the other goal being from prospect Tony Lucia

After the game ended, I headed up the stairs to leave, and ran into Mike Ricci. I stopped, speechless, and silently mouthed "Ricci." He took my hand and shook it with a big grin on his face, and then got mobbed by people. Most seemed to realize it wasn't Geddy Lee ;-)

1 comment:

Q said...

Dude, Monster Mash seemed to dwarf Douglas Murray. Dude could kill someone on the ice someday...