These are the dilemmas you face when you're bitten by wanderlust.
In the end, sanity prevailed (such as it is for someone of my temperment) - I'm sticking just to Australia.
Here's a day by day outline - the exact details will come later. I just got done purchasing the domestic flights, so the dates are set in stone.
- June 10 = Fly to Sydney from SFO (via LAX)
- June 11 = (lose this day due to the International Date Line)
- June 12 = Arrive in Sydney, New South Wales
- June 13 = Sydney; night flight to Darwin, Northern Territory
- June 14 = Darwin
- June 15 = Kakadu National Park (day 1 of a 3-day tour)
- June 16 = Kakadu National Park
- June 17 = Kakadu National Park
- June 18 = VERY early morning flight to Cairns, Queensland; begin 5-day diving certification program at the Great Barrier Reef
- June 19 = Cairns
- June 20 = Cairns
- June 21 = Cairns
- June 22 = Cairns
- June 23 = Cairns / Cape Tribulation, Queensland
- June 24 = Cairns / Cape Tribulation, Queensland
- June 25 = Fly to Brisbane, Queensland
- June 26 = Brisbane
- June 27 = Brisbane
- June 28 = Brisbane
- June 29 = Fly to Sydney, stay with one of my student's uncles and his family (perks of being a teacher!)
- June 30 = Sydney
- July 1 = Sydney
- July 2 = Fly home (arrive at almost the same time I left!)
I normally travel for longer periods of time, but I have a wedding to attend that I wouldn't miss for anything.
Looking forward to the summer! Er, Australian winter... In any case, I can only pray that the Stanley Cup Finals are done by the time I get to Australia - the last possible day is June 18th, although I'd be surprised if it took that long. (Get it done, Sharks)