Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Toronto, February 8th, 2010 (plus Buffalo, NY, 2/7/10)

(NOTE - my pics from the Hockey Hall of Fame will be in a separate post)
Frozen Lake Erie... in the shape of a shark fin? (wink wink)


Buffalo, New York (note the Sabres' HSBC Arena on the right)

A church on Main Street

The Anchor Bar - where Buffalo wings were invented, and where I'd watch the Super Bowl

Don't be fooled - they're filling

Classy joint

Niagara Falls, semi-frozen (Canada on the right)

American Falls on the left, Horseshoe Falls (Canada) in background

The river, totally frozen (on top at least)

The Rainbow Bridge, joining Canada (in background) to the US of A


My body was in two countries when I took this (bleached) shot

My hostel in Toronto

Not sure why I made this face - it was only in the mid-30's

Looking toward the CN Tower

The Hockey Hall of Fame (photos from within the subject of a future post)

The CN Tower

Getting fancy with my self-portraits

Dressed for... dinner!

The salmon at the CN Tower's restaurant is ridiculous

Downtown Toronto, from the CN Tower

Frozen Lake Ontario (note the Maple Leafs' Air Canada Centre, bottom left)

Is it any surprise that Valentine's Day reservations were sold out (so they told me)?

Toronto looks sexy at night

So does the CN Tower

The Air Canada Centre, home of the Toronto Maple Leafs

Niclas Wallin's first game as a San Jose Shark (#7)

Also Dwight Helminen's first game (called up)



This game would be the last time I'd see Jody Shelley in a Sharks uniform

Helminen and Kent Huskins


Intermission

Getting Giggy with it

Faceoff...

View from my seats (better than my camera makes it appear)


Victory approaching...

Represent!


Be honest - I look fat here, don't I? ;-)

Nabokov, Phaneuf, and Pavelski as the 3 stars (one of these things is not like the other...)

Toronto is the only place I've seen (out of 19 NHL markets) that markets their hot dogs with a picture of their general manager. Now I wish I had tried one!

1 comment:

Q said...

Pavelski is a beast. I really want to go to Toronto sometime. It looks like an interesting city.