What's in store? A little bit of this, a little bit of that.... here's the first leg of the trip, on the East Coast (just 5 days).
- Philadelphia = Phillies vs. Red Sox (boo), and a cheesesteak at Pat's King of Steaks (because I friggin' hate Geno's)
- Delaware = because it's the only state on the eastern seaboard (besides Georgia, curiously) that I haven't been to yet
- New York = you guessed it, Yankees (vs. Nationals... forecast is for rain showers, grrr)
- Baltimore = my friend Bill is a huge O's fan, so we'll see them play the Mets
From there, I fly to Europe!
- Stockholm, Sweden
- Helsinki, Finland
- Tallinn, Estonia
- St. Petersburg, Russia
- Valaam and Kizhi, Russia
- Moscow, Russia (and the Golden Ring)
- Kiev, Ukraine
- Minsk, Belarus (don't ask...)
- Vilnius, Lithuania
- Riga, Latvia
- Oslo, Norway
- Bergen, Norway
- Trondheim, Norway
- Back to Stockholm, Sweden, and then back to San Francisco
Two days after I get back (August 6), I leave for a week to Alberta, Canada, to go hiking in the Rockies with my friend Nathan. Don't ask me what my bank account is going to look like at the end of summer... it's a scary thought.