Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Hmmm... Phoenix Coyotes only have 6 defensemen on their 22 man roster...

Sooo... I'm a little suspicious of the Phoenix Coyotes this year. Not only do they have what could become a killer (and brand new) line with Olli Jokinen, Mikkel Boedker, and Peter Mueller, but they have only 6 defensemen on their 22 man roster.

Which makes me wonder - could Kyle McLaren be heading to Phoenix??? They DO have a crapload of cap space... way more than Tampa Bay, for instance (though not as much as Atlanta or Los Angeles).

Oh, if you click that cap space hyperlink (which might not be up to date as of today), you'll see that San Jose and the New York Rangers are in the red on cap space - the only two teams out of 30. For what that's worth.

Ok, I'm eagerly awaiting news about both McLaren and Mark Bell. I wish McLaren the best, but my curiosity about Bell is more of the cynical type.

No comments: